Lily Has a Little Lamb

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Wonderful Saturday

After exhausted week days, I usually sleep til noon on Saturday for refreshment. I planned to do so yesterday, but because my roomate's part-time job location today is near Roppongi Hills, my faaavorite place in Tokyo, I decided to get up at 6:30am and go with her so we could have a nice breakfast in Starbucks Azabu, then I can go to my faaavorite book/cd/dvd store.

I did not expect that much. I mean, I did not expect for such a sunny day after damp and strong wind during the whole week. We sat at some seat beside the window, bathed in sunlight. Azabu Juban is pretty near to the modern Roppongi Hills; however, it itself is a lovely small area in a quiet, old-fasioned Japanese atmosphere.

Tokyo is such an interesting playground to me because once I am at the street of all kinds of top fasion design shops and luxurious restaurants , next I can be at the alley of Japanese traditional houses and saying hello to a gray-haired kind lady sweeping floor preparing for the opening of her store. Modern and traditional culture coexist in harmony here. All I have to do is take a turn at some street corner.

I was carrying several new stuff with me on my way home. An album from Daniel Powter, a book introducing art shops and galleries in Tokyo, three free BoConcept catalogues, some photos of the cherry blossoms in Mori Garden Roppongi Hills, and, an ever so refreshed mind.

"Bad Day " from Daniel's album is a great hit and I like it, too. But it did not fit the day, for I had a wonderful Saturday.

Thank you, Mia, and the angel I forgot to mention in lines above, the invisible angel stays with me wherever I go, whatever I do.